InoFlex - Concentric and compensating 4-jaw chuck
The trend is towards combined turning and milling machines for both round, rectangular and geometrically irregular parts. In the past, companies have used rigid concentric 3-jaw chucks for clamping round parts and worked with vices (two jaws) for rectangular and geometrically irregular parts.
HWR has reacted to this development and produced the first universal clamping tool for clamping round, rectangular and also geometrically irregular parts. With the patent application dated January 2013 for the concentric and compensating 4-jaw chuck InoFlex, HWR is launching a clamping tool to perform this task in a range of Ø 160-1200 mm. No other clamping tool on the market can do this!
Type overview of InoFlex compensating 4-jaw chuck
InoFlex® offers you the following advantages:
4 jaws for comoensating clamping
• For concentric and compensating clamping
• For clamping of round, cubic and geometrically irregular parts
• Suitable for deformation-sensitive workpieces
• Can be used on all modern machinetools
• Available as manual chuck Ø 160-1200 mm
• Available as power chuck Ø 210-1000 mm
• No expensive special clamping solutions needed
High repeat and roundness accuracy
• Precise production results confirmed in parctice
InoFlex – for the concentric and compensating clamping of round, rectangular and geometrically irregularly shaped parts.
How it works
In a conventional chuck, all drive parts move in the same direction around the centre (e.g. wedge bar, wedge hook, scroll chuck) either towards or away from the centre.